(c) Original Artist. All images remain the property of their creator.
Disclaimer: I am posting this for fun and because people enjoy reading about these things. If you choose to play any of these games then you do so at your own risk.
How to play
- So, move over Bloody Mary (please, don’t hurt me), there’s a new kid in town.
- There was once a baby called Blue (no connection to Beyonce). His mother had issues and one day decided she’d had enough. She broke a mirror and stabbed him.
- Another version of the legend says that the only way to avoid being killed by the infant, or his mother is to know the child’s true name. If you do, then you will be granted one wish. It is said that if you stand outside the bathroom door during the second variation below, then you will hear the mother sobbing for her lost child and sometimes, she will use his name.
- A bathroom with a mirror.
- Go to a bathroom, with friends.
- Fog up the mirror and write ‘baby blue,’ in the mist.
- Turn off the lights.
- After a few minutes position your arms as though carrying a small baby. You should feel the weight of a child.
- Hold him for a few minutes before passing to your nearest friend.
- He’s a wriggly little thing and if you drop him, you will get a rather nasty scratch on your arm. If you do it a second time, you will get another scratch, this one worse. If you drop him a third time the mirror will break and Baby Blue will kill you. He’s probably teething.
- Another variation of this story instructs you to say, ‘Blue Baby’, thirteen times while pretending to rock a child in your arms. Once you finish, a baby will appear in your arms and you should immediately drop it and run out of the bathroom. If you don’t, a woman appears in the mirror and will scream, ‘give me back my baby,’ and kill you.
Babies are wriggly. Mothers are angry.
Low, unless you’re clumsy.
Would I play?
Haven’t we all played a version of this?