(c) Original Artist. All images remain the property of their creator.
Disclaimer: I am posting this for fun and because people enjoy reading about these things. If you choose to play any of these games then you do so at your own risk.
How to play
- If you abort the ritual, from that day on you must always make sure the woman/child is not in an elevator before entering; otherwise the ritual may complete itself without any further action on your part.
- This ritual will not always work. It is believed that there are certain conditions which must be in place but no one knows for certain what they are. Some sites state that it is most likely to work on turning days like Midsummer or Halloween when the walls between worlds are thinnest. You can keep attempting this game until it works, but never play it again after that.
- Note that the longer you spend in this world, the harder it is to return.
- People differ over whether you should take an electronic device with you. Some state that they won’t work in the other world. Others claim that mobile phones will ring and if you answer there will be hissing static or agonised screams. Once you return, devices will either be broken or may randomly connect you to the other place and those that wait there. Either way, leave the expensive Apple products at home.
- Some say that you do not see the other place as it really is, there is a waiting period while the new world boots up, so to speak. Others believe that the ritual has this waiting period built in for your safety.
- If you change certain numbers during the ritual you may end up in another world altogether and I cannot guarantee the return process will work.
- If you find yourself in a world with a black sky, leave immediately.
- Some who claim to have seen this new world have said they felt malevolent presences nearby, watching and waiting. Almost all agree that it is an evil place.
- I wouldn’t advise staying there for too long because of the reasons listed above. However, if you feel inclined to linger then it is important to know that time passes differently there than here. You may return to find that days have passed and loved ones have reported you missing.
- Some report that there are items scattered around the floor, ranging in age, as though some people simply vanished from existence, leaving all their things behind. One or two people claim that there are bones.
- One person claims to have stayed for four hours, which is the longest recorded period. However, he was attempting to return for at least two of those. He claims to have seen deformed things outside the building and heard breaking glass, as though something was in the building.
- A building with at least ten floors and a working lift/elevator.
- It must be dark outside, but otherwise this can be played at any time.
- Begin at floor 1. You should be alone in the elevator as taking randoms to another world is sort of rude; they may have dinner plans.
- Take the elevator to floor 4.
- Without leaving the elevator, visit (in this order) floors 2, 6, 2 and 10. If anyone gets into the lift or you leave the elevator then you must begin again.
- From floor 10, go down to floor 5. A woman, or sometimes a young child will enter the elevator. Do not speak or acknowledge them in any way. They are not human.
- Press the button for floor 1. Instead of going down, the elevator will return to floor 10. This is your last chance to abort the ritual. If you wish to do so then before the elevator reaches floor 10 you should press a button for a different floor. The elevator should now stop and you must get out without looking back. Once the elevator has passed floor 9 it is too late to change your mind.
- The elevator doors will open on their own. The woman/child will have disappeared. You will be alone in a new world, although noises may lead you to think otherwise. Some say that the longer you remain in this world, the louder these noises will become.
- Descriptions of the other world differ in many ways, but most agree that the building from our world will be placed in the middle of a vast desert, overlooked by a red sky. Here reports differ; some claim that the world is empty, but others state that they saw things moving in the distance. One person states that he saw flickering figures in the sky and that they felt evil.
- To return simply perform the ritual in reverse. I say simply. Those who have been successful say that it is much harder to get back, especially if you stay there for a long time. All agree that the longer they stayed, the more uneasy they felt.
Don’t get eaten by sand monsters?
Medium to high.
Would I play?
I actually started to play this game and at floor 10 a woman got into the elevator. It was probably a completely ordinary woman, but I was so freaked out I quit.
As always; try any of these games at your own risk. Don’t stand there in the new world with monsters closing in and think damn you internet woman, this is all your fault.