(c) Shayne of the Dead. His website can be found here: www.shayneofthedead.com
Disclaimer: I am posting this for fun and because people enjoy reading about these things. If you choose to play any of these games then you do so at your own risk.
How to play
- Ouija boards are so 1990’s. We have technology now and we can use it to talk to the dead. Incidentally, did you know that Edison invented a phone to do this?
- This is a Japanese game that has become an urban legend over the years.
- It is said the Phantom of the Answer longs to live again and to do so he requires a certain number of body parts. One day he will be reborn and he will be unlike anything the world has seen.
- The more time you spend conversing with the dead the more you put yourself at risk of possession. This includes ouija boards, sessions with mediums or creepy games listed on this blog. If you suddenly start seeing things out of the corner of your eye, or feel a crushing sensation while drifting off to sleep then you should stop anything in this area immediately. You’re at risk.
- As with many other urban legends, mirrors and other reflective surfaces may be disturbing for a time after this ritual.
- 10 people (if they count as equipment).
- 10 mobile phones. You must be willing to destroy your phone at the end, so leave your iPhone 34 or Samsung 851 in a drawer.
- Sit in a circle.
- Each person should have the number of the person to their left programmed into their phone.
- On the count of 3 everyone should phone the person to their left.
- The phones should all be busy, but inexplicably one call will get through and they will be connected to the Phantom of the Answer.
- You may ask him anything and he will provide the answer. But, he will ask a question in return which must be answered honestly. If you are unable to answer then you will feel a tingle somewhere in your body. Shortly after you will lose that part of you through accident or illness. There is a high price for answers and the more difficult the question you asked, the more significant part of your body you are at risk of losing in return. Some versions state that if you cannot answer the question, a gnarled hand will appear from the phone to immediately claim the body part.
- To complete the ritual you must tell the Phantom of the Answer that you have to go. He may try to persuade you to stay on the line by offering you information for free. Be aware that if you continue then his next question will be far more difficult than any so far and is likely to be almost impossible to answer correctly. He knows you are close to ending the connection and he wants to trick you. Be persistent in your wish to end the conversation and eventually he will bid you goodbye.
- You should immediately destroy the phone; it may ring while you are trying to do so but you must ignore it. If you choose to keep hold of it then you now have a hotline to the supernatural. This might sound neat, but not everyone who calls you will be pleasant and some may tell you things you don’t want to hear. You will be a beacon to all that is corrupt or hates the living.
- 10 Urban Legends about Famous Scientists (io9.com)
- My Encounter with a Ouija Board (ryan1071.wordpress.com)
You may want to have a medic on standby for all those lost body parts.
High. Think Ash in Evil Dead 2.
Would I play?
If I want answers, I use Google. Suck it, Bing.