(c) Original Artist. All images remain the property of their original creator.
Disclaimer: I am posting this for fun and because people enjoy reading about these things. If you choose to play any of these games then you do so at your own risk.
How to play
- If a room is filled with clocks or old women then you must leave immediately. The original source doesn’t explain why these are bad things but as this is a psychological experiment I would guess that it is to prevent messing with your concept of time while under hypnosis.
- Black doors are considered dangerous by some.
- Not everyone or everything in this world will be nice to you.
- Some of the messages people give may seem like nonsense, but keep a note of them to refer back to later.
- Some people have reported meeting a man in a suit who inspires strong feelings of unease at best and malevolence at worst. Although there is no proven danger from this manifestation, the fact that it has occurred across people with no apparent connection implies that if any contact with this figure is established, it is best to immediately end the session. If your helper is not aware of it, you should attempt to avoid him where possible and leave any room in which you find him.
- You may find that certain doors are locked or barred to you in some way. Check if you have a key, but don’t be too worried if this happens. A lot of people have a part of themselves that they are not ready to confront and will throw barriers in the way.
- Please note that some people playing this game have reported difficulty in removing themselves or being removed from this dream like state. The original source reports being locked in a room in his mind and his sister having great difficulty in waking him.
- After you have finished you should check what is on your person, whether it be keys, or anything else that seems symbolic in relation to what you found in your explorations.
- The original source for this was Reddit.
- A friend (aww).
- A pillow.
- A clock or mobile phone with an alarm function.
- A recording device.
- Candles (optional).
- A lighter/matches (optional).
- Dim the lights and light a few candles for atmosphere if you wish.
- Set the alarm for one hour from now.
- Start the recording device.
- Lay your head (facing up) on the pillow, which should be placed in a friends lap.
- Close your eyes. Your friend should gently rub both sides of your forehead in slow, circular motions.
- Once he/she deems you relaxed enough they should say, ‘you are at one end of a very long corridor. There are numerous doors on both sides, spanning the entire length. I want you to explore these doors and the rooms behind them. Describe what you see, hear, touch and feel in great detail.’
- Always pay attention to the door before opening it as it will hint to what lies within. If there are any visible imperfections, or the door handle is warm or icy cold to the touch then the room is best avoided. Always trust your instincts and if you feel threatened or uncertain don’t open the door.
- When the alarm goes off, your friend should slowly guide you back to the real world, ensuring that the corridor slowly recedes and all doors opened are closed once more.
- Turn off the recording device.
- You may play this game as often as you like. The alarm clock is only necessary for the first few times. After this your friend can determine when you are ready to return. Don’t be discouraged if it doesn’t work the first time, it may take repeated attempts to get you into an appropriately relaxed state.
This is very similar to many forms of hypnosis which can be dangerous when performed by inexperienced people.
Would I play?
I have played this one.