(c) Original Artist. Obtained from listverse. All images remain the property of their original creator.
Disclaimer: I am posting this for fun and because people enjoy reading about these things. If you choose to play any of these games then you do so at your own risk.
How to play
- This game should only be played when you feel an overwhelming urge to do so. Many people say that you will know when the time is right and you should only play when you feel compelled. You cannot plan this ahead of time, it is spontaneous.
- You will need to go to the nearest crossroad, so you may want to look this part up on Google Maps or something in advance.
- The results of this game can be positive or negative, there is no way to predict. Once you have started the game you must play it to its end and follow the instructions closely. It may be wise to keep a notebook beside your bed so you can write your dream down once you’ve woken.
- I believe this also originated on Reddit, but I compiled this from various sources.
- A crossroad.
- Head to the crossroad.
- Once there, reach into your pockets and select one item at random. If you don’t have anything in your pockets then you should spit into your right hand and make a fist as though you are holding something. This is important.
- Look up and wait until you see a bird – it must be the very first one you spot. If the bird is a dark colour then you should spin clockwise. If it is a light colour then you should spin counter-clockwise. If no bird has appeared after ten minutes and you begin to feel an itching sensation then you should immediately spin both ways, clockwise and counter (so you spin twice). There is no information on which way you should spin first in this case, so I assume it doesn’t matter.
- After spinning you must wait for the next stranger who passes by. In the case of multiple strangers you should choose the one nearest to you. If that person is wearing dark clothing then you should follow them on the same side of the road as they are on. If the person is wearing a light colour then cross the road and follow them from the other side of the street.
- You should follow them until you lose them for one reason or another and at all times ensure the object remains in your fist (or your empty fist remains closed).
- If you lose the person because they simply moved out of sight or you were too slow then you must immediately go home and climb into bed. Remain there until you fall asleep.
- If you lose that person because they go into a house then wait until your regular bedtime to go to bed and sleep.
- If you lose that person because they entered a non residential building (e.g. a shop) then you must stay awake for 24 hours before going to sleep.
- When you get home then you should immediately place the object in your hand beneath your pillow (even if you aren’t sleeping right then). If you had to spit in your hand then you will need to spit into it again and wipe it under your pillow (yuck).
- Don’t set any alarms. If you wake early and don’t remember your dreams then you can go back to sleep, as long as you wake naturally. You should dream of one or more of the following:
- Future events.
- Spirits who may have a message to convey.
- A bloody woman who is missing her eyes.
- An old man who will simply stare at you.
- An angelic or demonic figure.
- Anything else representing either dark or light.
Following people can freak them out or get you into trouble, especially in dangerous areas. It is your choice whether to play this or not.
Would I play?