(c) Matthew Brauchu. All images remain the property of their creator.
Disclaimer: I am posting this for fun and because people enjoy reading about these things. If you choose to play any of these games then you do so at your own risk.
How to play
- Original post here.
- The Raven Man is a creature who is completely black with white eyes. His arms are longer than average and take the form of giant wings.
- This game must be played outside at night.
- Do not play this game at home. It is important to bandage your finger and to make sure no salt returns with you to your home. Otherwise the Raven man can follow you.
- Never blow out the candles. They must be extinguished with a candle snuffer, or your fingers.
- Another version here.
- 5 candles.
- A sterile knife or needle.
- A talisman of protection.
- A bandage/plaster.
- A candle snuffer (optional)
- Create a circle of salt. This will protect you.
- Sit in the circle.
- Place the candles in a line before you.
- Speak the following words. ‘On this dark night, I call on the Raven Man, appear before me here and now, and do my will.’
- As you speak the words, light a candle.
- Repeat the above two steps until 4 of the 5 candles are lit.
- Pierce or cut your finger. Place a single drop of blood on the final candle.
- Say, ‘the flame is my beacon, the blood is my sacrifice.’
- Repeat this as many times as you feel you should.
- Light the final candle.
- You will know when he has arrived. You may see him, or simply feel his presence.
- You may ask him questions. You may ask a favour.
- Once you are done, you must release him. You can do so by thanking him for coming and asking him to leave.
- You should now say, ‘I release you, Raven Man.’ Each time you repeat these words extinguish 1 candle (using either the snuffer or your fingers) until all are out.
- Bandage or plaster your wound.
- Close the circle, sweeping away the salt and ensuring none of it returns with you to your home.
- Use fresh salt and put a line across any means of entry to your home (doors and windows).
- Sleep with your talisman.
- Ensure the needle/knife is sterile.
- If you are playing outside make sure someone knows where you are and that the area is safe.
Medium to high. It is implied that the Raven Man is a malevolent entity.
Would I play?