(c) google images. All images remain the property of their creator.
Disclaimer: I am posting this for fun and because people enjoy reading about these things. If you choose to play any of these games then you do so at your own risk.
How to play
- Credit to pascuales.
- This is based on an urban legend about Channel ∞.
- Channel ∞ can be good or bad. Those outside the room may influence what you see or discover.
- You may only visit Channel ∞ 4 times. After the final time, break the TV.
- Although the reason for the book is not specified, it is said that you will know when you need it.
- An old working TV that you don’t mind breaking. Ideally analog.
- A remote control (does not need to be the one that came with the TV).
- An item you hold dear.
- 2 handheld mirrors.
- A weapon (ideally a hammer).
- A favourite book.
- A mobile phone.
- A key.
- A sledgehammer or pickaxe.
- A group of friends.
- Turn on the TV. Set it to static, or a black screen if you’re using a digital TV.
- Leave the room for 3 hours, ensuring no one enters in that time.
- During this period gather together the items listed above that you have not already used. Keep the mobile, key and sledgehammer/pickaxe on your person.
- 3 hours later enter the room alone.
- Close the door.
- Stare at the static or blank screen until you begin to feel nervous.
- Call everyone else into the room.
- Give the item you hold dear to the person you care about most in the room and then ask that person to leave. If you forgot to pick up a personal item, hold that person close instead and whisper a secret in their ear.
- Everyone should leave. No one should come back in until you open the door, no matter what.
- Position the mirrors so that one reflects the TV screen into the other. The second should also reflect you, with the TV behind you. If you forgot to grab your mirrors then simply sit facing away from the TV until you hear a noise.
- You should remain like this until a question comes up on the screen.
- Grab the remote. Press channel up to answer yes, down to answer no. There may be anything from 3 to 25 questions. These may be trivial or personal. Answer truthfully.
- After these questions one of 3 things will happen.
- Your favourite show of all time will come on, but in the episode all of the characters will be heart-wrenchingly murdered in grotesque and graphic ways.
- A shimmery vortex will surround you and you will be pulled into an alternate dimension. You will now need your mobile phone, key and sledgehammer/pickaxe.
- You will see a picture of your least favourite person/thing. If this happens you should immediately break the TV using your weapon. If conditions are right, it will fix itself. Otherwise, be thankful the game is over.
- After this you will have reached Channel ∞.
- The rest is up to you. The guide section will feature shows with interesting titles, such as, ‘the meaning of life.’ You may only choose one. The more people you have outside the room, the more options you will have in the guide.
- If static reappears then you should maintain eye contact. You should see a series of images that, if deciphered, will reveal the answer to an important question.
- You can leave the room at any time, but you must never speak of what you learned. If anyone asks, you must tell them that it didn’t work. This is very important.
- Leave the TV unplugged until you want to visit Channel ∞ again.
Be careful with the hammer/sledgehammer/pickaxe.
Would I play?
No. I like my TV.