(c) Original Artist. All images remain the property of their original creator.
Disclaimer: I am posting this for fun and because people enjoy reading about these things. If you choose to play any of these games then you do so at your own risk.
How to play
- Credit to Renegade2366.
- This game can only be played alone in an empty, dark house.
- You can set up in advance, but you shouldn’t return to the room again until you’re ready to begin.
- A basement/cellar works particularly well, but wherever you play, you need to cover up any windows. A room with a wooden door would be ideal.
- You should arrange for a friend to check on you at a pre-arranged time.
- A variation states that instead of using your own blood you can write your name on a piece of paper and place it beneath the bowl of water. If you do this, be sure to burn the paper once the game is over.
- One pillar candle.
- A bowl of water.
- A steralised pin.
- A mirror.
- Mobile/cell phone.
- Place the mirror against the wall opposite the door.
- Sit on the floor in front of it, you should be close, but far enough away that it is out of reach.
- When you look in the mirror you should be able to see yourself and the door directly behind.
- Draw a circle of salt around where you will sit.
- Place the bowl of water near the door and leave the room immediately, closing the door.
- Set an alarm on your mobile phone for 3.25am at the latest.
- Every light in the house must be switched off by 11:50pm.
- Light your candle, placing the match box in your pocket, along with the sterile pin. Keep your mobile/cell phone with you at all times.
- Enter the room at exactly midnight, leaving the door closed until then.
- Be completely silent and do not look at the mirror for any reason.
- Prick your finger, putting one and only one drop of blood in the bowl of water.
- Press the pin into your candle.
- Leaving the door open, take your place within the circle of salt.
- The candle should be placed in front of you, keep the matches close by too.
- When all is arranged as it should be, look in the mirror to invite them in. Once you have looked into the mirror you must keep eye contact. Never turn your back to it and do not leave the salt circle for any reason.
- They may tell you their names. Never speak them aloud. They may attempt to barter, cajole or threaten. Ignore them. The candle may go out, if it does then relight it quickly.
- End the ritual by 3.33am or nothing can save you.
- To end the ritual, light a match and blow it out. Use the smoke to cleanse the area. Only leave the salt circle if the mirror is empty and quiet. Immediately drop candle wax into the water. Leave the room immediately and don’t re-enter until the sun has risen.
- You may wish to dispose of the mirror, otherwise avoid passing before it if the room is dark.
- Blood magic is dangerous. So are infections.
Would I play?