(c) Original Artist. All images remain the property of their original creator.
Disclaimer: I am posting this for fun and because people enjoy reading about these things. If you choose to play any of these games then you do so at your own risk.
How to play
- Based on a Japanese urban legend about a twenty year old woman who was killed by persons unknown. When her body was found, the left thumb was missing. If you can find her thumb then you will have a wish granted.
- You need at least three people to play this game.
- Memorise all of the steps in advance. A mistake could cost you your life.
- Some versions of the game state that the murderer is somewhere in the house when you arrive there. The longer you spend playing the game, the more at risk you are of him/her finding you.
- Just willing participants.
- Sit in a circle in a dark room.
- Hold the left thumb of the person to your right. The person on your left should grab your left thumb and so on. While the game is in progress, everyone must make sure they keep hold of their allocated thumb, or at the end of the game it will be missing.
- Everyone should close their eyes and imagine they are in the place where the woman was murdered. No one can open their eyes from this point on, until the game is over.
- Say twice: ‘Oyayubi, Oyayubi, hear our voices. Oyayubi, Oyayubi, grant our wish.’
- You will be transported to the location where the missing woman’s thumb is located. In the room there will be a single candle. Do not let the candle burn out or you will be trapped there. You have until the candle burns low to find the missing thumb. Blow the candle out to end the game. This is why the game is so dangerous; you can never know how low the candle is when you arrive or when it is at risk of going out.
- You may feel someone tap your shoulder during the game. Do not turn around or open your eyes.
- If you find the missing thumb then hold it tightly in your hand and blow out the candle. Your wish will be granted on your return.
Blundering about in the dark while trying to hold onto the thumbs of other people is quite dangerous. Make sure you clear the area of anything you could trip over.
Would I play?