(c) Hongtao Zhou. All images remain the property of their original creator.
Disclaimer: I am posting this for fun and because people enjoy reading about these things. If you choose to play any of these games then you do so at your own risk.
How to Play
- I cannot pinpoint an origin for this story, though it reads very much like a creepypasta. I think the original OP may have been Spooky_Nightmare, but I cannot find confirmation of this. I therefore would like to credit Cocoa who brought it to my attention. You can also read about it at the Ghost in My Machine.
- This seems to be a basic summoning ritual, but there seems to be no real pay-off, unless you enjoy running around chairs to creepy music (hey, no judgement here; we all have hobbies). Make sure you set clear rules when playing any of these type of games.
- This must be played alone.
- A chair.
- A match.
- A recording of Tip Toe Through The Tulips and something to play it on.
- Make your chosen play area quiet and dark. Get Tip Toe ready to play. Close all doors to the room.
- You should start the game between midnight and three am.
- Turn off the lights and hold the unlit match in your hand (don’t light it).
- Start the music and walk around the chair six times in total.
- The instructions state that a few things may happen now:
- If the music stops then you have won the game, sit down and light the match.
- If the music keeps playing then no one wants to play with you – this is probably the time to crack out the ice cream and cry about how not even dead people think you’re cool. However, be aware that you have invited something into your house, so even if it doesn’t want to play, it might stay anyway.
- If the chair tips over then you must immediately leave the room. Do not look at it and never enter that room alone again.
- Just don’t trip and bash your face.
- Avoid splinters from the chair when you desperately grab onto it as the demon drags you away.
High. As Lucia Peters (Ghost in My Machine) identified, there is no real detail to this game. You have no idea what you are summoning and there are no fail safes in place to stop it hanging around afterwards. There is no reward to this game either, so it makes it even more confusing why someone would want to play.
Would I play
I just wanted to recommend a podcast for anyone else who likes creepy delivered directly to their ears. I have recently started listening to The Black Tapes podcast. There are only a few episodes so far, but it is well produced and seems interesting. I am in no way affiliated with this show, I just think it’s good. Available from your usual podcast source.