(c) Agi244 from Deviant Art. All images remain the property of their original creator.
Disclaimer: I am posting this for fun and because people enjoy reading about these things. If you choose to play any of these games then you do so at your own risk.
How to Play
- This is actually a psychological experiment previously performed by Giovanni B. Caputo of the University of Urbino.
- It is similar to Doors of the Mind and In the Eye of the Giant.
- Many games feature mirrors, I have posted a number of them in the past, such as The Mirror Game, The Devil’s Toybox, Lady Spades, Five Questions and Reflections of Hell. If you find the mythology around mirrors interesting then I previously wrote about it in Shattered Reflections.
- A lamp with a dim bulb (25w) or a candle.
- A mirror.
- An alarm set for 10 minutes from your start time.
- Turn off all lights in your chosen play area. Turn on your lamp/light your candle. Place your chosen light source behind you. Place your mirror around 40cm in front of you and sit facing it. Start your alarm.
- Simply gaze at your reflection. After a minute or so many people claim to experience the strange face illusion.
- The alarm will sound after 10 minutes and your session is over. I’m not sure if people have done this for longer than 10 minutes.
We all know what happened to Snow White’s mother.
Some people can be disturbed by what they see, but otherwise there is no real danger.
Would I play?