(c) Horrorbug.com. All images remain the property of their original creator.
Disclaimer: I am posting this for fun and because people enjoy reading about these things. If you choose to play any of these games then you do so at your own risk.
How to Play
- Credit goes to ScaryforKids and MissCocoa.
- The game originated in Japan and involves summoning a mysterious figure. No one knows who this figure is or what their intentions are – pretty much par for the course with this sort of game.
- Once you start playing, you cannot stop.
- You must ensure that candles are placed, lit and extinguished in the exact order given. If you change anything you could summon another entity entirely, or the game will not work.
- You must make sure that the mirrors are not exposed to daylight during the game, hence the dusk to dawn rule. If you can ensure complete darkness then you can play during the day.
- Others may play this game with you, but they cannot leave the room once you start.
- Do not allow yourself to view your own face in the mirror for the duration of the game.
- Once the game is over, you must bury the candles and paper. You may also want to dispose of the mirrors given their propensity for acting as spirit portals.
- A sheet of paper.
- Red lipstick/red lipliner.
- Five candles.
- Two mirrors.
- A lighter/matches.
- The game must be played between dusk and dawn.
- Using all of your amazing art skills, cut the piece of paper into the shape of a paper man. Using the red lipliner, draw a line on the back of the paper man. On the left hand side write your own name in full. On the right hand side you should write ‘Rubeus’ (latin for red).
- Place the two mirrors so that they face each other, leaving a small gap between them.
- With the lipstick, draw two red eyes on the left hand mirror – they should be drawn in the center of the top half of the mirror.
- Your paper man should be placed in between the two mirrors. The red eyed mirror should be to his left and the other to his right.
- The candles should now be placed around the paper man in the style of a clock, with his head pointing at twelve o clock and his legs pointing to six. The first candle should be placed at twelve o clock, the second at two, third at five, the fourth at seven and the fifth at ten.
- Turn off the lights.
- Light the candles in the following order: 7, 12, 5, 10, 2.
- Cut the paper man in half.
- The left half of your paper man should be moved closer to the left hand mirror and the right hand side closer to the right hand mirror (who would have thought?!?). Both halves should remain within the candle circle.
- Close your eyes and repeat six times: ‘Please come, please come. I will not move until you come.’
- Extinguish the candles in the following order: 12, 7, 2, 10, 5.
- The Red Man should now appear.
Usual stuff about stumbling around in the dark and summoning Darth Maul lookalikes – haven’t you seen Insidious?
High. Assuming this does work, you don’t know what you are summoning and why. Any kind of summoning ritual usually involves some sort of deal, or the expectation of such.
Would I play?