(c) original artist. All images remain the property of their original creator.
Disclaimer: I am posting this for fun and because people enjoy reading about these things. If you choose to play any of these games then you do so at your own risk.
How to Play
- Credit goes to trikyreaper of Reddit.
- The OP describes this ritual as very high risk. You have been warned.
- This ritual can only be performed between 8.00pm and 4.00am. Once the ritual has begun, these are the danger hours when it may visit you.
- The OP doesn’t mention the need for a torch, but this is a step I have added because I don’t feel you can set up the ritual safely without any source of light.
- A mobile phone/cell phone.
- 4 identical mirrors.
- A piece of paper.
- A six sided die.
- A pencil.
- A torch.
- Mark your mirrors 1, 2, 3 and 4.
- Turn off all lights in your house.
- Using the torch, place the mirrors in the four corners of the largest room of your house. The mirrors should be facing in toward the center of the room. Turn off the torch and set it aside.
- Sit in the middle of the room.
- Call the sixth number in the contact list on your phone and end the call after exactly two seconds. If the call is answered then you must abandon the ritual for that evening and may only begin again after twenty four hours have expired. If the call is not answered or you only hear static then you have successfully drawn its attention and may continue.
- Roll your die. You must abandon the ritual for twenty four hours if you roll a 5 or 6.
- Now write the number you rolled (1 – 4) onto a piece of paper and then tape the paper onto the corresponding mirror. Do not look into any of the other mirrors while doing so and after you have done this, return to the middle of the room.
- Stare directly into the mirror that has the number taped onto it. Do not look behind you and do not turn around no matter what you might hear. Without forcing yourself to blink, wait until you have blinked twenty two times exactly. At this point close your eyes and walk toward the mirror with the paper taped to it.
- Remove the piece of paper (without opening your eyes) and then return to the center of the room.
- You may now open your eyes. Roll the die, but this time if you get a 5 or 6, simply roll again. You should now repeat the previous steps of writing, taping and retrieving the paper until all four numbers and all four mirrors have been used. During this, if you get a number you have previously had, roll again until you get one you have not used.
- Once this is done you should immediately head to your front door, place the piece of paper outside and run to any room in the house that does not contain the mirrors.
- You have now opened a portal and it will come through one of the mirrors and find its way to the center of the room, where you were previously sitting.
- You must be very quiet. If it hears you, it will come for you. Retrieve the piece of paper you left outside of your front door, but leave the front door open. This part is especially important as if the front door is closed, it will not leave.
- The paper gives you some protection. You must trust in this because the next step is to enter the ritual room without looking into the mirrors or at it. Lay the piece of paper in front of it, but ignore any attempt from it to make contact and do not make a sound.
- Go to sleep. If you cannot sleep immediately, feign sleep. It would be very dangerous if it realises you are awake. You cannot move until after 4.00am.
- When you wake, if the front door was left open, it will be gone. On top of the paper will be the thing you want most.
- The price you pay for this is that it will return to your home every night while you sleep. You can never let it know that you are awake.
- You can stop it returning at any time by calling the sixth number in your contact list again and saying, ‘you are prohibited from entering the sanctuary.’ There does not seem to be any guarantee that this will work. Do not do this once darkness has fallen as it will either be on its way, or already in your house. This cancels the ritual, but you will forfeit whatever you have won thus far. While continuing the ritual, do not remove the mirrors from the ritual room or you will pay a terrible price.
- Important rules: Do not make any noise while it is in the house. Do not break the mirrors. Do not remove the mirrors unless you cancel the ritual. Never look at it. Do not turn on the lights. Do not leave your home between 8.00pm and 4.00am.
The OP mentions significant risk of physical or mental injury associated with this ritual. Rituals involving mirrors are considered very dangerous as in theory, you are opening a portal that could potentially lead anywhere.
High. Plus, no one really wants to see themselves reflected from four angles, do they?
Would I play?