(c) original creator. All images remain the property of their original creator.
Disclaimer: I am posting this for fun and because people enjoy reading about these things. If you choose to play any of these games then you do so at your own risk.
How to Play
- Credit goes to Reddit. I have adapted the ritual a little to add a few bits here and there that I think may be beneficial.
- The idea behind this ritual is to allow you to move on from a lost love. We’ve all been there and pizza and ice cream only helps so much. As the OP states, fellow skeptics can treat this as a mental exercise, a placebo of sorts.
- You need to do some research into water deities and pick one that most resonates with you. Here are a couple of links to get you started: 1 and 2. The links include some ideas of what the deities like offering wise, but if all else fails, food or wine is usually a good bet.
- You can use essential oil in your bath to make the experience a little more enjoyable. If you want to know which oils may be most beneficial for you, you can read a little here.
- You may feel drained after completing this ritual. That is normal.
- There is no issue with stopping this ritual halfway through and starting again at another time.
- A bathtub.
- Scented soap.
- Essential oil.
- An offering for your deity (food etc).
- Candles and matches (optional).
- Something on or in which to place your offering.
- Set up the room for your ritual. This involves placing and lighting candles, if desired. Run a warm bath and add a few drops of an essential oil, or whatever else you would like to be in the water. You need to create an atmosphere where you feel safe and comfortable.
- Place your offering on a plate, or in a glass, or however you would like to present it.
- Try and imagine the water as more than it is. Close your eyes and picture it as suffused with light, alive with energy. This may take some practice for some among you, but there is no real right or wrong with this particular ritual.
- Call on the deity of your choice, this can simply be repeating their name out loud, or talking to them if you choose. Explain that you wish to be cleansed of a former love, so you can move forward and leave the sadness behind. There are no particular words or way of doing this, this ritual is about you.
- At this point, close your eyes and decide for yourself if you are truly ready. Are you able to leave this love affair behind and move on? There is no time frame for recovering from grief, it isn’t a race, you may need to block someone on social media, find a way of distracting yourself or just come to terms with what has happened. This is the moment to think about all of that.
- If you are ready, simply begin to cleanse yourself all over with your scented soap of choice.
- Say out loud, ‘I cleanse my body of you (ex lovers name). I cleanse my spirit of you. With this act I sever the link that has connected us. With this cleansing, I move on with my life as you no longer have the same place in it. Our bond is hereby broken. I wish you no ill will and hope we both move on in perfect love and perfect peace. All that I have shared with you, I reclaim, all that I reclaim will empower me once more.’
- Finish your bath. Before leaving the bathroom, thank the deity for its presence.
- Go to bed and sleep.
- In the next day or so place your offering beside a body of water and leave it there.
Usual warning about lighting candles and burning down the house you twisted firestarters.
Would I play?